Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Birthday Jam for Marilyn This Friday!

Join us at Friday Night Swing this week and help celebrate the birthday of everyone's favorite flapper -- Marilyn! If you haven't seen her dancing at FNS, you are probably overdue to crawl out from under your rock. Marilyn has been a regular for a couple of years now, and she has appeared to rave reviews in such dance showcases as Cheek to Cheek, A Holiday Cabaret, For the Love of Dance, and Jingle & Rock.

In a birthday jam, the birthday girl or boy begins in the middle of the circle, dancing with one partner -- and before they know it, leads and follows from the circle start cutting in and stealing the celebrant for as many moves as they can fit in before the next steal.

Want to be the center of attention on your birthday? It's okay if you don't. But if you do, be sure to let us know when it is!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Marilyn!

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid that balboa, charleston, and shag are all forms of swing dancing.

And I should know. My name is Frankie Manning.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Erin, Lucas, Autumn, Jane, and all my other swingin' friends and casual acquaintences at FNS! :o) So many people came up to me to wish a happy birthday--people I didn't even know! I've never done a birthday 'jam' before and was a little nervous, but all my partners went easy on me for which I am eternally grateful. Trying to blow out the birthday candles right after, while gasping for air, turned out to be the hardest part. But the amazing chocolate cake perked me right up. Thank you, thank you, everyone!